Green Pawz Pet Supply
(Maple Village Shopping Center)
211 North Maple
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
Monday- Saturday: 10am-8pm
CLOSED Christmas Day, New Years Day,
Thanksgiving Day and 4th of July.
Christmas Eve 10am-3pm
Labor Day 10am-4pm
Memorial Day 10am-4pm
Why Feed Raw?
At Green Pawz Pet Supply we believe that a raw diet is one of the best and biologically appropriate feeding options available. A raw food formula provides your dog or cat with a diet that closely mimics their natural eating habits as they were in the wild. Although most of our pets may have evolved to look different on the outside, internally our pets' digestive systems have not evolved and are the same as their wild ancestors. The high quality meat proteins provide essential amino acids and enzymes necessary to support your pets health. Along with the high moisture content of these raw foods, the combination of high meat proteins and high moisture, make for an ideal diet for your cat or dog.
We all know the benefits to ourselves of eating raw fruits and vegetables for their live enzymes, vitamins, minerals and nutritive value, and the same applies for our dogs and cats. A raw prey model diet is about matching as closely as possible to what a dog or cat would eat in the wild, i.e. whole small animals such as birds, rabbits, rodents etc, together with some larger prey such as deer and other medium sized herbivores as well as some opportunistic prey, perhaps the uneaten remains from another larger carnivore, or other natural carrion.
Here's something to think about...
If you compare the physical body to that of a car engine, in order for it to perform properly, it must be supplied with the correct fuel and lubricants. Cheaper or incorrect fuels, often lead to accelerated wear and tear and eventually break down. Our dogs and cats bodies work on the same principles, and a species appropriate raw diet is the only diet that will maximize health and longevity.
Benefits of Raw:
- Reduces allergy side effects
- Stools are smaller, less smelly and quickly degrade into the soil
- Less water consumption
- Stronger immune system
- Greater bio-availability of naturally occurring nutrients and enzymes in raw meat, organs and bones
- Shinier coat and healthier skin
- Reduces digestive upset and inflammation
- Eliminate pet odors
- Improved teeth, oral health and breath
- Provides weight control and leaner body mass
- Increased mental, psychological and physical stimulation leading to greater well-being and satisfaction
- Ability to custom tailor your pets’ diets for their activity level, age, health problems and specific nutritional requirements
- Promotes overall health
Raw (frozen & freeze-dried versions available)
We offer only the best in commercially prepared raw pet food. All of our raw diets contain high quality USDA inspected and USA sourced meat. They are hormone and antibiotic-free organ meat, muscle meat and bone. Most of the meat sourcing is also cage-free, free-range or wild caught. Some also contain organic fruits, organic vegetables and vitamins & minerals. There are NO added by-products, rendered meats, corn, wheat or soy and NO artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. We carry both frozen and freeze-dried versions of the raw diets.
Feeding a frozen raw diet and need to travel? Use the freeze-dried raw! 🙂
- Vital Essentials (frozen)
- Primal (frozen & freeze-dried)
- Stella & Chewy's (frozen & freeze-dried)
- BRAVO! (frozen & freeze-dried)
- Rad Cat (frozen)
- SOJOS (freeze-dried)